Monday 30 March 2015

Yuzu cake



It's time to start trialing wedding cakes and I had originally wanted a lavender cake only to find out that they do not like lavender. I decided to try a Yuzu flavoured cake instead. I had first blogged about yuzu here, which is a firm favourite in our household especially with salads. It is still a relatively new flavour in the west but it's catching on fast as it tastes so yummy - think citrus with umaminess if that is even possible.

I also wanted an indulgent cake and am hoping that yuzu combined with sour cream would strike that decadent and yet fresh balance. However, when making a wedding type style cake especially for the first time ever, it is best to read up on how to roll out fondant, and to make fondant flowers.... I am personally not a big fan of fondant icing so I rolled it out really thin, and when I tried to cover the cake with it, *tear*.... A whole host of other issues also showed-case my rookie-ness.

But the true test is in the pudding - tomorrow night will be the taste test.. wish me well!

Recipe to follow after taste test! 






No comments:

Post a Comment